Meet Dr. Daniel Terveen
Dr. Daniel Terveen is a fellowship-trained eye surgeon specializing in refractive cataract surgery, advanced corneal disease treatments, glaucoma care, and laser vision correction. He joins Vance Thompson Vision upon completion of his fellowship in advanced anterior segment surgery. Throughout his academic and professional career, Dr. Terveen has established a reputation of excellence that he carries into the exam room with patients.
- Undergraduate: University of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls, SD - Graduated summa cum laude with degrees in biology and chemistry.
- Medical Degree: University of South Dakota Medical School, Vermillion, SD - graduating first in his class, and completed his ophthalmology training at the University of Iowa.
- Residency: University of Iowa Ophthalmology Residency, Iowa City, IA - Won the Lisa and Amir Arbisser Top Resident award, assuming significant leadership roles, and working to enhance the quality of eye surgery at the Iowa City Veteran’s Administration (VA) Hospital.
- Dr. Terveen is an active advocate for improvements in patient care. He initiated and led implementation of the Immediate Sequential Bilateral Cataract Surgery (ISBCS) program for which he won the prestigious P.J. Leinfelder Award for excellence in research.
- He has published and presented several research projects and book chapters with topics including: complicated cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, and efficiency in clinic processes.
- Fellowship: Vance Thompson Vision, Sioux Falls, SD
HOBBIES & PERSONAL INTERESTS
In his spare time, Daniel enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with his family and friends. His wife, Marnie, is an OB-GYN specialist. Their two beautiful daughters are full of smiles and personality.